Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy 2 Stems (P/N 6416/71).
Diverging from the traditional balloon-shaped Cognac glass, Riedel has worked with wine experts to develop these fluted stems. The crystal is formed to capture, condense, and release the unique undertones of Cognac and Hennessy.
- 24% leaded crystal is fire-polished for a lovely finish.
- The elongated bowl leaves less surface area for evaporation, coaxing a more delicate aroma from the strong, distilled spirit.
- Delicate yet stable, each cognac glass stands 7-1/4" tall and holds 6.75 oz.
Recommended for: Armagnac (mature), Armagnac (young), Brandy, Calvados, Cognac V.S.O.P., Cognac XO, Rum, V.S.O.P. Cognac, XO Cognac
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- These tulip flutes differ in shape from the traditional "balloon-bowl" cognac snifters, offering an alternative preferred by serious aficionados.
- The gently out-turned rim sends spirits to the sweet-sensing tip of the tongue.
- Riedel leaded crystal is optimized at the molecular level to develop aromas.
This special stem features a fluted shape, offering a small evaporating surface, which helps to balance the aroma and taste while tempering the alcohol and emphasizing the bouquet.