Riedel Sommeliers Alsace Glass (P/N 4400/05).
This stately glass rises from the table on a stem 1.5 times the height of the bowl, bringing the peachy, floral aromas of Alsace closer to the nose.
- The medium-sized, spherical bowl fully reveals the fruit and mineral components of this under-appreciated treasure of the wine world.
- Highly skilled artisans execute the 2000-year-old art of mouth-blowing glass to create 24% leaded crystal bowls.
- 7-5/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 8-5/8 oz.
Recommended for: Aligote, Chasselas, Chenin blanc, Cortese, Fumé Blanc, Furmint (dry), Gewürztraminer, Gutedel, Kerner, Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Müller-Thurgau, Muskateller, Muskat-Ottonel, Neuburger, Palomino (except Sherry), Pedro Ximenez, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Ribolla gialla, Rotgipfler, Rulander, Sancerre, Sauvignon blanc, Soave, Tokay, Trebbiano, Vin de Savoie (white), Zierfandler.
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Flexible enough to accommodate a wide variety of white wine varietals, and the preferred white wine glass of many.
- One of the more affordable glasses in the Sommeliers line.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Each glass in the Riedel Sommeliers line is sold individually.
Riedel Sommeliers glasses were praised by Robert Parker as "The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes. The effect of these glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."