Riedel Sommeliers Sauternes Wine Glass (P/N 4400/55).
The concentrated, distinct profile of this sweet French dessert wine calls for a vessel created with those attributes in mind. The unusual shape of the glass is immediately apparent; the reason for its unconventional curve lies in the qualities of Sauternes itself.
- The shape directs the wine to the places on the palate where the sweetness doesn't overshadow the special acidic zest.
- The deep golden hue of a well-aged Sauternes is maximized by the brilliance of mouth-blown 24% leaded crystal.
- Stands 7-7/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 13.8 oz. for an average serving size of 4.5 oz.
Recommended for: Ausbruch, Auslese (sweet), Barsac, Beerenauslese, Dessertwine, Jurançon moelleux, Monbazillac, Recioto di Soave, Sauternes, Trockenbeerenauslese, Vins Liquoreux
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- One of few glasses specifically intended for Sauternes, but also suits a number of other dessert wines.
- Riedel has a reputation as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of high stemware.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Each glass in the Riedel Sommeliers line is sold individually.
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.