Riedel Sommeliers Vintage Champagne (P/N 4400/28).
From the chalky soil of Northern France comes that beloved effervescent beverage, champagne. A new moment in its esteemed history has arrived with the Sommeliers Vintage flute.
The typical champagne glass is smaller. Consequently, it's filled to the brim, robbing you of champagne's rich bouquet. Discover what you're missing by filling this 11.6 oz. glass to approximately 4 oz.
- The elegant convex curve in the bowl diverges from the straight-sided style, in an eye-catching manner.
- 9-5/8" tall, measuring 2-7/8" at the widest point.
- Presents a remarkably creamy texture to the palate, due to Riedel's scientifically formulated design.
Recommended for: Cava, Champagne, Cuvee Prestige, Prosecco, Rose Champagne, Sparkling wine, Vintage Champagne
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- The flute style is better suited for today's very dry champagnes than the coupe style, more appropriate for cocktails.
- The "Vintage" is targeted toward more expensive champagnes composed of >85% grapes from the vintage year.
- The measurements and proportions are designed to keep bubbles present, but not overpowering.
- One of the more affordable offerings in the prestigious Sommeliers line.
Each glass in the Riedel Sommeliers line is sold individually.
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.
Use and Care:
- Wash under warm water; detergent is not necessary.
- Allow to air dry.
- For extra shine, steam over boiling water.
- If desired, carefully polish with a lint free cloth.
- Never twist the base and bowl.