Riedel Sommeliers Riesling (P/N 4400/15).
- Riesling expresses more notes and finish on the mid-palate than at the front of the mouth; the shape of the Sommeliers bowl directs the wine to those areas.
- 8-7/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 13.4 oz. for an average serving size of just over 4 oz.
- Weighs 10 oz.—just enough to optimize stability and still feel great to lift.
Recommended for: Alsace Grand Cru, Bardolino, Beaujolais Nouveau, Blauer Portugieser, Chianti Classico, Côtes de Provence, Côtes du Rhône rosé, Dolcetto, Jurançon Sec, Lagrein, Marsannay rose, Montepulciano, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Orvieto Classico, Primitivo, Riesling, Riesling (Spatlese/late harvest dry), Riesling Smaragd, Sangiovese, Scheurebe, Schilcher, Smaragd, Teroldego, Vernaccia, Welschriesling, Zinfandel
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- The most flexible glass in the line: great for Riesling, Zinfandel and Chianti enthusiasts, but ideal if you also serve Beaujolais, Dolcetto, or over 25 other varietals.
- If you're currently serving in a Bordeaux glass, as is often recommended, the narrower shape of this glass is better suited for these varietals.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Each glass in the Riedel Sommeliers line is sold individually.
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.